College Preparation for High School Students and Returning Adults
If you're overwhelmed at the prospect of going back to school, the resources below provide information regarding paying for tuition, transfer, and more.
- This site primarily targets middle and high school students, and their parents, with motivational content encouraging you to get ready for college. It also includes components that target nontraditional audiences, including transfer students, GED students and graduates, and adult learners.
- The Go Higher KY website is a complete guide to attending college in Kentucky, allowing you to fill out financial aid and college applications, visit campuses virtually, explore career options, get adult education information, and receive help transferring to another school.
- Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority
- Find all the information you need to plan and prepare for paying for college, including all about financial aid and whow/when to apply for it.
- Directory of Kentucky Colleges and Universities
- Hosted by the Council on Postsecondary Education, this listing includes all state-supported, regionally-accredited, non-profit, independent, and propietary institutions licensed to operate in Kentucky.
- Kentucky Course Applicability System
- The Kentucky Course Applicability System (KY CAS) is an online transfer planning system shows you what courses to take and how coursework will transfer to participating universities.
Online Job Training - State Government Agencies Offering Courses through the KYVC
The following state government agencies offer online training through the KYVC. For more information, contact the agency's human resources director or visit the links provided below.
- Kentucky Adult Education (KYAE)
- Kentucky Adult Education provides professional development, policy, data collection processes and program services for Kentucky adult educators.
- Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (KyEducators)
- KyEducators.org, the Education Professional Standards Board’s (EPSB’s) Web site, provides registration and access to online courses designed to fulfill continuing education requirements of teachers and administrators.
- Kentucky Personnel Cabinet - Governmental Services Center (GSC)
- GSC offers a variety of training opportunities to state government employees, from leadership and management to employee development and compliance in face to face and online formats.
- Kentucky Department of Criminal Justice Training - Law Enforcement Training (LETky)
- LETKy provides entry-level and professional-development training for city, county, airport and state university police officers, sheriffs, deputy sheriffs, coroners and law enforcement telecommunicators. It also offers training to officers from other state and federal agencies.
- Office for Vocational Rehabilitation - Employee Training & Development (OVR)
- The Office for Vocational Rehabilitation offers online, in-service training courses for its current employees to fulfill job placement orientation, mandatory, and counselor mentoring requirements.